Monday 28 February 2011

Flowers - Kay

This card was inspired by Jane. When I asked her about trying to make a card for Mother's day last year. She told me about a vase template.

So off I went to the Sales and picked up a cheap bunch of silk flowers that I could cut up for this project.

I managed to find some cheap plastic glitter card and thought it would be great for the vase. But, boy! was it hard to work with. The crease/fold lines in the vase were far from perfect. So I added peel-off borders to these to try and hide some of the imperfections.

This worked a treat and I was delighted with the end result. As for Kay, well she was amazed that I had gone to so much effort - and this card was on display well after Mother's Day was over.

4 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful, and your blog is fab. Well done and welcome to blogland

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    This card is beautiful and the colours look magnificent together. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Now all I need to do is keep up the blog and add more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, well done x

    ReplyDelete